I had limited Internet access in the past few days. Here is a quick update of the latest Leica related news:
- Leica announced the winners of the Oskar Barnack Award 2012. See all images here.
- Leica plans to open a total of 200 stores worldwide by 2016. Currently there are 37 Leica operated stores. New locations in New York and Miami are coming by the end of this summer. See also this article on "Why Leica is opening so many stores".
- Many Leica M lenses are in stock right now:
Leica Summilux-M 24mm f/1.4 ASPH
Leica Super-Elmar-M 18mm f/3.8 ASPH
Leica Elmar-M 24mm f/3.8 ASPH
Leica Summicron-M 28mm f/2.0
Leica Elmarit-M 28mm f/2.8 ASPH
Leica Summarit-M 35mm f/2.5
Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2.0
Leica Summarit-M 50mm f/2.5
Leica Summarit-M 75mm f/2.5
Leica Summarit-M 90mm f/2.5
Leica Summicron-M 35mm f/2.0 ASPH - Black
Leica Summicron-M 35mm f/2.0 ASPH - Silver
- KEH camera is now on eBay with a large selection of used Leica gear.
- Magnum Photographer Jacob Aue Sobol shoots with the Leica M Monochrom (video):
I will still be traveling for the next few weeks and will have limited Internet connection. If you see an interesting Leica related topic that I missed in my coverage, drop me a line.