Welcome to 2012: Leica M as a filmmaker’s tool
EOSHD published an interview with Jesko Von Oeynhausen from Leica on the video capabilities of the new Leica M camera. Here is a recap of the main points:
- "To scale 24MP down to 2MP for 1080p we do not just line-skipping, we average pixels. It is not pixel binning or anything like that".
- There is no AA filter in the Leica M.
- The Leica M has full manual control in video recording mode.
- No HDMI output for video.
- "Rolling shutter effect is not too bad"
- Video recording is limited to 4GB files or 29 minutes.
- Codec: Motion-JPEG, bitrate: 40Mb/s, 422 subsampling.
- Focus peaking with zoom-in function.
- Simulated exposure in live view with half-press of the shutter.
- Leica M has a built-in mono microphone and an optional microphone adapter (pictured above).
- Manual audio control is available with on-screen levels.
- There is a dedicated video recording button on the top plate (marked with "M" on the picture).
This entry was posted in Leica M
. Bookmark the permalink
. Trackbacks are closed, but you can .