- Leica M 240 review by Tom Grill (incl. high resolution images):
"In terms of resolution, dynamic range, capability in low light, and expanded features, the M (240) has reached a pinnacle of digital perfection that is exceptional in the tests I have done so far. Keep in mind this is a system camera and gains in strength when coupled with its superb optical support. That support has now been expanded to include R-lenses -- something that adds to the convenience of the M as a full system camera. It will be interesting to see if Leica will now expand and improve upon its R lens series."
- Leica M 240 review by Tim Ashley:
"There is so very much to like in the latest digital M. IQ that almost catches up with the best and beats a lot of the competition. Access to amazing lenses from the M range and now, via adaptors, the R range and beyond. Live view and an EVF. A new, larger and longer-lived battery (though it does give the camera a bigger booty). Better high ISO performance and improved dynamic range. A noticeably better rangefinder mechanism. There is a long, long list of improvements here, and most of the niggles I have identified will likely be sorted out in firmware."
- Leica M 240 review at Luminous-Landscape:
"The new Leica M is not a camera for everybody. For example, if you are the type of person that wants or needs to shoot thousands of images a day with autofocus at 8 frames per second or faster with very long lenses, etc., this is obviously not the camera for you. The Leica M has a number of limitations that I will not bother to restate as they have been discussed and published ad nauseum for many years. The type 240 has less limitations versus prior M models since it will work with Leica R lenses. This means that zooms and long lenses are now usable with this camera."
- Sample images from the Leica M type 240 with Canon lens adapter - this is one way to get a fisheye lens on your Leica M.
- Comparison on flickr between the Leica Noctilux 50mm f/0.95, Summicron 50mm f/2 and Summilux 50mm f/1.4 lenses on a Leica M 240.
- Leica M 240 T-shirt available in different colors.
- Leica M9 vs. M resolution comparison by Lensrentals (MTF measured in line pairs / image height):
|Leica M (Type 240)||f/1.4||740||630||590|
|Leica M (Type 240)||f/2.8||1070||860||770|
|Leica M (Type 240)||f/5.6||1140||990||860|