The new Leica M 240 firmware update 22.214.171.124 is now available for download. Here is the full list of improvements:
- Improved description of the lens type in Exif-Data
- Live view is now possible with every lens (including older screw lenses via an adapter) using “manual lens detection”
- A “Video off” option is now available in the Set menu (see submenu item “Video recording”). The M-Button on the Top-cover is deactivated when this option is chosen.
- The Horizon (level) is now visible in Live View, overlaying the live image. This additional info-screen is enabled using the menu item “Horizon”
- New menu item “Exposure Simulation”
- Exposure simulation -> Permanent: Live View accurately shows image brightness according to the shutter speed and aperture set in manual exposure (as long as the chosen exposure time is shorter than 1/30s)
- Exposure simulation -> Release button half-pressed: Image brightness in live view is adjusted for best visibility, regardless of the actual exposure half pressing the shutter button shows the actual exposure
- Extended Auto ISO options
- All Auto ISO options are now visible using the ISO button
o Extra options for “Maximum Exposure Time” - 1x, 2 x, or 4x focal length - can be selected to help avoid camera shake when using auto ISO and long lenses.- “Auto ISO in M mode” is now offered as an option. This varies ISO sensitivity for correct exposure when shutter speed and aperture are set manually.
- Alternatively the camera chooses the previous manually chosen ISO speed.
- Crop marks
In Live View, new crop marks for 3:4 / 6:7 / 1:1 / and 16:9 aspect ratios can be displayed. By pressing the up/down keys, the crop marks are superimposed on the live view screen (without additional information)
- Korean language
Korean is now available as a menu language
- During video recording, 1/25s is now used instead of 1/24s. This reduces flicker effects with 50Hz mains voltage
- Exposure bracketing settings are now saved when the camera is switched off
- Direct exposure correctionAn “EV correction” option in the menu enables direct adjustment.
So EV compensation can be altered by turning the thumb wheel, without having to press additional buttons.
- New Light Metering Mode “Classic / LV disabled”
In this mode, only Classic light-metering is possible; the LV button is disabled to avoid the activation of live view by accident.
- New menu item “Focus Peaking”
For improved visibility, the color of focus peaking can now be set to red, green or blue.
- Better display of GPS location data
Position is now shown for JPG files in Adobe Lightroom®
Where the GPS signal is weak, the last position is now deleted after 5min instead of 24h as in previous firmware versions.
- Bugfix in Live View at high temperatures
Occasional malfunction of Live View at high temperatures has been fixed
- Bugfix in light metering (Live view)
- Bugfix regarding sensor cleaning function