Just a quick update on the upcoming Leica M 10 camera - it is rumored to have a 0.72x viewfinder.
FYI: both the Leica M9 and M 240 have a 0.68x viewfinder.
Here is a recap of all Leica M 10 rumors I got so far:
- Dedicated ISO wheel/dial on top plate
- LED framelines
- No movie button on top
- 0.72x viewfinder
- Frame selector
- Raised M mount to accommodate the rumored thinner body (3.8mm thinner)
- The model name will be M10, no more “Typ” reference (Leica M10 was recently registered in China)
- The M10 will probably use the same M 240 battery (7.4V)
- Shipping will start in Spring of 2017
- 24MP sensor (most likely the sensor from the Leica SL/Q)
- Max ISO: 50k (just like the Leica SL and the Leica Q)
- Bigger control buttons on the back
- Slightly bigger LCD screen
- Same EVF from the TL camera
In case some of you are still questioning the authenticity of the Leica M10 FCC filing (FCC ID N5A3656): it was submitted directly by Leica Camera - if you look closely at the file "LabelID.pdf", there is a link at the footer: https://extranet.leica-camera.com/index.php/s/DUA1ONVqRb8pdgO?path=%2FWIL - this is Leica's cloud service. It is also interesting to note the file named SelectLabel_Willi_26_10_2016.jpg - maybe “WILLI” is the codename for the M10 project named after William Eggleston?