The new Huawei P10 smartphone comes with a new Leica dual camera 2.0 (20MP monochrome sensor, 12MP RGB sensor and 8MP front camera):
"The devices’ portrait features include precise 3D facial detection technology, dynamic illumination and portrait enhancements. A smart imaging algorithm applies studio-like re-lighting and beautifying effects to create radiant portraits. Using the new depth-of-field algorithm, a natural bokeh effect creates sharper, clearer and more vivid colors in the foreground, while the background remains elegantly blurred.
The Huawei P10 Plus’ Leica Dual-Camera 2.0 Pro Edition includes new SUMMILUX-H Leica lenses with a larger F/1.8 aperture and higher optical capability. Co-developed with GoPro, the Huawei P10 and Huawei P10 Plus also feature Highlights, a mobile editing tool which creates a dynamic video of users’ images and videos."
Key features include:
- Leica Dual-Camera 2.0 for the Huawei P10 and Leica Dual-Camera 2.0 Pro Edition for the Huawei P10 Plus, with precise 3D facial detection, dynamic illumination, portrait enhancements, natural bokeh effect and Huawei Hybrid Zoom as well as the world’s first Leica front camera;
- Trendy colors and design, including the industry’s first Hyper Diamond-Cut finishing and color variants created in partnership with Pantone;
- Kirin 960 processor, Huawei Ultra Memory and new EMUI 5.1.
- Can the Huawei P10's 'Leica-style' portraits beat the iPhone 7 Plus?
- Shooting photos with the Leica-branded Huawei P10
- Huawei P10 sample photos