Panasonic is currently running a teaser ad that displays the silhouettes of two cameras - one of them appears to have the shape of the LX3.
The official announcement should be during the Focus on Imaging show in Birmingham NEC (March 7-10, 2010). At that point it is not clear if this will be the new LX4 but if it is, we can expect the Leica D-Lux 5 to be announced for Photokina 2010.
Here are some rumored Leica D-Lux 5 specs found on dpreview:
- New backlit 12.1mp sensor
- Built-in EVF
- Lumix lens (not Leica; not sure about specs, but I am hearing 1.7/20mm)
- 1:1, 3:2, 16:9, 2.39:1, 1.85:1 aspect ratios
- New B&W high-sensitivity mode (almost no-noise in iso 3200)
- Improved noise reduction system (all ISO settings)
- Priced at under $600 USD at launch
- Stiffer controls compared to LX3
- Screen to be equal to or better than LX3/D-Lux 4 screen
- Manual focus/selector ring, similar to canon S90
- Magnesium alloy body
- Higher capacity batteries
- Built-in lens cap