Some guesses/speculation/explanations on the leaked Leica M10 camera pictures:
- The white spot on the top plate is probably just a sticker
- The top plate dial is most likely the rumored ISO dial
- The M10 will still have LED framelines
- The movie button is gone (but will the M10 still have video?)
- The viewfinder appears to be bigger, but this could be because of the angle the picture was taken
- The frame selector is back
- Raised M mount to accommodate the rumored thinner body
- The "Type No" reference on the bottom plate is not the typical Leica “Typ” reference - it seems that Leica has abandon the "Typ" reference.
- The M10 will probably use the same M 240 battery (7.4V)
- Some info on the filing dates from the FCC report: the tests were ordered on February 4th, 2016, the test cameras arrived at the testing facility on July 22nd, 2016, tests started on July 7th, 2016 and concluded on September 7th, 2016. The FCC filing started on August 16th, 2016. My guess is that Leica is waiting to sell their existing M 240 inventory and then they will announce the new M10.
- The white spot on top is just a sticker just like this one - it means that the camera belongs to Leica:
Next are few mockups/comparisons from readers that show the bigger viewfinder of the Leica M10 camera: